Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Entry #6: Au Revoir

It's good to have you (back) Reader! To start off, I'd like to say that as my English 101 class comes to an end, my activity on this blog will too. What I'm saying is that this is probably my last post for this blog. Blogging has been quite an experience.

Honestly, making all these blog posts have been work, since blogging isn't really necessarily the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of fun things to do. I can't absolutely say though that I didn't enjoy blogging at all. I mean, I have felt a sense of satisfaction after finishing some, if not all, of my blog posts. I like how having to make these blog posts has made me step out of my "lazy pants." I also like how I was encouraged to be creative/inventive. Really, I am glad to be free (at least for now) from having deadlines for making blog posts. I can now just post my thoughts when I really feel like it on places like Facebook. But again, this whole blogging experience wasn't all too bad.

One reason why blogging has been a chore for me is that I was compelled to not just make some short, shallow posts. Knowing that I have to earn my grade, I felt compelled to actually put effort into these posts. Another reason why this experience has been an arduous one is because I do take certain aspects of my posts (and things I communicate in general) seriously. For example, I hate the idea of spreading false information. I really don't like causing people to be misinformed and possibly suffer resulting consequences. Sometimes, this compels me to do at least some research (i.e. more work) on any info I feel unsure of.

I have gained somethings from this blogging experience. For one thing, I've generally learned more about some topics that I had to write about. Another thing is that I not only honed my thinking skills, but I also reflected on my own ideas/views and possibly formulated new ideas that I may have not formed had I not been required to make these blog posts.

So yeah, I believe this blogging experience has been quite beneficial for me. In addition to those things mentioned above, I also got to brush up on my writing/composition skills which should (and probably have) help me with academic and other essays. On the more character-building side, this experience has also promoted in me a sense of diligence and responsibility.

I don't think I can surely suggest anything that would improve this class's blogging experience without reducing its effectiveness in terms of things to be gained/learned. Doing away with deadlines would probably have students not make any blog posts at all. Maybe mentioning more quantitative requirements, such as a minimum number of comments on other's blogs, might help.

Overall, I don't think it was bad that my teacher had us make blog posts a requirement. It may be somewhat unconventional, but it has its benefits.

Well, that's it from me. This is goodbye then. I am thankful that you read my blog post and even more so if you have been reading my previous blog posts. I hope that all of them have been pleasurable and beneficial reads. You may see me again if in the future I am again required to create a blog for another class. The most likely of which is English 102. Alright then... Goodbye and take care! :-D

1 comment:

  1. Thoughtful considerations on your experiences with blogging.

    ReplyDelete