As I can remember, some of my views, which I'll be sharing in a moment, have come from either the opinions of tech article editors and fellow tech enthusiasts, just plain logical reasoning, or both. As I may have mentioned in my first blog post, I read a lot of tech articles, mostly from the site Tom's Hardware. There are also a lot of other tech sites that I occasionally visit like AnandTech, CNET, HEXUS.net, and more.
If you could honestly and rationally answer "yes" to these questions, then you could also consider other things as well. Do you already own another device that could already do whatever you would have that device you have your eyes on do? Is there another cheaper alternative that may not perform as good or have as many features, but would still satisfy whatever your needs are?
With all those questions, you've probably figured out already what I'm trying to get at. Though let me present further a more specific example of what I mean. I mentioned the (latest) iPad above, so I'll go ahead and use that further in this example scenario.
Imagine seeing the iPad for the first time. You could see its nice, compact, portable form; see beautiful images on its nice screen; see different games being played on it; see the various ways of communication it allows; and see a lot more things it's capable of. It's admittedly tempting and you'd probably want to have it or at least try it out. You might even think of shelling out the cash for it.
Going back though to those different questions I mentioned above... Have you thought about what you're going to do with it once you have it? Will it be something that you will really enjoy for the long run and that will make your everyday life (a lot) easier, will it be something that will make you a lot more productive at work, or will it just be a trifle play thing that amuses you for a while but then gets old and would just lay in a corner for prolonged periods of time, OR will it be just something that you want to have since "everyone" else has it? In other words, would it be a worthy investment?
Thinking about all those things might've changed your mind about the (latest) iPad now...or not. It's not really a bad thing if you buy premium products just as long as you're being responsible with your finances. The point is being wise about things--putting more thought into decisions like this. Think before you leap!
This lesson I'm pointing to just doesn't apply to purchasing electronics, truth be told. It doesn't even just apply to purchasing decisions. It applies to life!
BTW, I would personally say that Apple's iPad is a pretty good product. It's a premium tablet for a reason, at least to some extent. Just because I used it as an example in this blog post doesn't mean I'm bad mouthing you, Apple! :-P
Thanks for going through this blogpost. Hopefully it has been helpful in someway for you. I'm off now, but I'll be back soon. Till then... :-)
You are well on your way to establishing an honest and engaging tone for these posts - good job! You present your topics thoroughly and analyze them to show that you are thinking critically and that your reader should as well.
ReplyDeleteAt times you are a bit wordy (in the Worrywart post for example) so just be aware of that. Otherwise, you are on the right track!